Friday, October 12, 2007

Thank You

Well, as the saying goes, all good things ... and really crappy recaps ... must come to an end. After much soul-searching ... and shiraz ... coupled with much pigheadedly petulant preemptive presumptive pretentious pretending The Pretty's damned disappointing dreadful devastating departure definitely delusional dramatic decoy until urged unequivocally unilaterally unforgivably unhappily uncovering grave genuineness Goran's going, generating great grandiose grieving, leaving largely loathsome lamenting losing luscious Luka ... I've regrettably decided to no longer do detailed recaps of ER. As the new season has already begun and the final two episodes of last season still have yet to be crankified, I unfortunately am unable to carry on with them. I had a lot of fun doing this, but no longer have the "free" - in all senses of the word - time to work on them the way that I would like to. Now, of course, if big bucks -- I'm available, Zabel -- or just the opportunity to party with The Pretty, or just have him do my ... hair, would happen to come my way ... Just saying ... Anyway, I will continue to faithfully watch ER, because even if Goran Visnjic is sadly no longer a regular cast member, Maura Tierney still is, and I honestly can't wait to see what she does with what's been planned for Abby both while she's on her own and when Luka does return. As interesting as I think the new character of Moretti, played by the wonderful Stanley "The Tooch" Tucci, is, as glad that I am that the characters of Sam and Morris have become tolerable and sometimes enjoyable to watch, as much as I love Parminder Nagra and Mekhi Phifer, as much as I adore poking fun at Stamos and his McEgo and look forward to the snarkiness that will inevitably flow out of me with the return of Noah Wyle and the McSmirk, they're not what keeps me watching. When Maura Tierney goes, I go.

Because I'm sure that I won't be able to help myself and will just have to comment on certain scenes -- Like Luka's intimate belly and neck kissing Abby in Sea Change ... Bitch ... The shock of seeing that Ray's been cut off at the knees, literally ... Moretti telling Abby that he's replacing her husband - Yeah, in your dreams, Tooch ... Bitch ... The lovely family scene with Luka, Abby and their son MoJo that was marred by Luka's disturbing phone call ... The same cab, #2295, aka "The Taxicab of Love" that Abby ended up getting my Luka-licious lapdance ... Bitch ... in on the way to their surprise wedding in I Don't, is the one that takes a tremendously conflicted, sad and haunted-looking Luka to the airport in the season finale, while Abby and the beautiful little boy who played Chicago MoJo stand in the street, sporting the same longing, wistful expression as they watch the cab drive away ... The Neela's trampling finale and her season opening treatment in the ER so-did-not-even-come-close-to-packing-the-same-punch
and-having-me-sick-with-worry-over-the-hiatus of the prior year's prostrate Pretty watching helplessly as Abby collapsed in Trauma Green in 21 guns and the subsequent angst of the premature birth of the MoJo in the will-never-be-equaled Bloodline ... -- I am fairly certain that at times there just may be some Cranky Commentary floating hereabouts, though not 21 single-spaced typed pages worth - like the last recap ... And considering that like the characters, and many in the viewing audience, I waited seven long years for Luka and Abby to finally get married, maybe ending the recaps there might not be such a bad thing ...

Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to read these ramblings over the past two years. I greatly appreciate all of your comments, emails, encouragements and well-wishes. I hope that you will continue to watch ER, because even if the ratings are down, and those who've changed to another channel over the past couple of seasons have really missed some of the most amazing episodes and acting ever, in my opinion it's still the best show on television.


And remember, it really is all about the hair ...


17 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, October 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Cranky. You will be missed. However, as a fellow Goran Visnjic fan, I totally understand. The show is just not the same without him. Thanks for hours of enjoyable reading and much laughter.

Long live The Pretty.

 
At 3:47 PM, October 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as it is very sad that you won't be faithfully be recapping the new season I perfectly understand.

Such amazing and dedicated recaps deserve far more then a few more words; but it's all I can afford for now.

Your blog will stay among my favorite links and I'll swing by once in a while to grasp the bits and pieces that you'll leave.

Cheers for brightening my days and nights, enriching my vocabulary, expending my knowledge on hair salon and helping me develop 147 different ways to laugh to tears and bark like an old mad dog.

Your writing will be cherished like the most valuable diamond and re-re-re-read just for pleasure.

See you later ... aligator
one (among hords)of your faithful reader

 
At 5:05 PM, October 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Cranky,

Reading you THANK YOU post made my heart squize (If I'm using the word correctly), I've been reading your recaps since they appeared and all I have to say is THANK YOU YOU DEAR, you gave me several reasons to laugh out loud that people thought I was going nuts.

You made me see all the missing details I wouldb't have known if it wasn't for you.

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND and SUPPORT your decision, you're gifted girl, you should think about a WRITER career because you have the talent!

I'll be stopping by once in while to re-read your recaps and to find out if you've posted something to bright my day.

Thank you so much and good luck!

Your Peruvian Fan,

Viviana B. Soto
Lima-Peru
South America

 
At 7:07 PM, October 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go out with a bang! I think the wedding is the perfect place to stop, too... it is what Abby and Luka fans have always been waiting for.

You've done such a wonderful job. Your recaps are totally one of the staples (no, THE staple) of ER commentary. I don't know if you saw, but someone actually made a series of forum icons using your quotes... you are just THAT good, and you will be missed!

I'll be peeking around to see what random comments you have about McNasty and McSnarky and everyone else... I'm gonna miss it! Cheers and hats off to you! :)

 
At 2:18 AM, October 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I hope that you will continue to watch ER, because even if the ratings are down, and those who've changed to another channel over the past couple of seasons have really missed some of the most amazing episodes and acting ever, in my opinion it's still the best show on television."

I am really glad that you said that Cranky! Sometimes I feel that I'm alone in appreciating the longevity and the wonderful performances and great work that are put in to bring the fans a new episode. And although the original cast has departed and some of our favorite characters that we love (the Pretty) are gone, we keep forgetting that the essence is still there: medical stories!

While flipping through other channels and seeing the garbage thats on, I'm very grateful to have ER no matter the ratings and no matter others biases that its not good unless so and so is there. Where else can we get real human stories?

THANK YOU CRANKY for two years of wonderful readings. I'm going to miss having my coffee cup late at night laughing out loud as I read your recaps.

You will be missed!

 
At 1:28 PM, October 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank YOU for such terrific hard work and for all the joy and laugh you brought to us.

You already said it, but I was about to tell you, if you can, to recap only the Luby scenes in the last 2 ep and if possible in S14, or at least when Luka is finally back with Abby for ever (I hope so).

THANK YOU again for this two wonderful years!!!

 
At 2:09 PM, October 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Farewell, Cranky! thanks for all of the late night laughs, and the Luka lust. (although I was never with you on Susan....and Sherry Stringfeld....and her hair) sorry.
I will miss you.

 
At 4:29 PM, October 14, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cranky,
I will miss you and yours amazing recaps. Thank you for this...

 
At 9:53 AM, October 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll miss you and your fantastic recaps Canky, it was an absolute blessing to have read all of them several times each!
Please let your website alive so in case we're suffering for a too deep Luka/goran's absence syndrom, we could at least read some of your lines!
The Pretty will be always alive for us! Take care

 
At 6:11 AM, October 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my dear, dear friend. If you only knew how many of your witty comments and words have made their way into the daily language in MY household. My 13 year old is keen on 'craptastic' (in reference to my CD collection...brat!) And I will never forget the day I told a Kdg. student of mine that he was not a 'shampoo boy' and to get his hands out of a little girl's hair during story time. Hee. I have loved your observations and witticims....and if Zabel doesn't take you up on the big money thing...well....just saying...
Enjoy your newly minted free time and know that I will be watching the show right alongside and snarking about McEgo (wondering what you would have to say about his Luka Blue shirt collection) and bemoaning the loss of the Pretty's screen time in favor of Neela, Sam, Morris and Pratt...but as you said, as long as there is Maura....

Keep in touch!
Larue

 
At 5:49 AM, October 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cranky,
I'm so very very sorry to see you go. You have made my day on more than one occasion. Well... all good things do come to an end sooner or later...
Stay healthy and happy!
As someone else has already said: Long live the pretty!!!

 
At 10:32 AM, October 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Cranky, thank YOU! You have made me laughed like no other! I'm really sad that you stop writing recaps but i totally understand you. I hope though that if you have time sometimes you would write tiny recaps from luby scenes that we all are expecting...(oh please, come back soon pretty!)
I wish ALL the best for you and your family, love ya! <3

 
At 6:49 AM, October 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i understand completely...our hearts got captured by luby but that era is sadly no longer! i will of course be checking every once in a while to see whether you can't control your wittiness and decide to post anything, your humour is not ER specific, anything you chose to write will be gladly received!
Take care

 
At 7:26 AM, October 24, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH Dear Cranky, you will be very much missed indeed.
Once in a while, when watching the show I'm thinking "and what would Cranky say 'bout that?" and ponder for some time.
Your amazing witt will remained cherished by many for a very long time.
I'll sneak by once in a while to see if ... you've indulged yourself and us with some snippets.
Did you finally get your Luka' lapdance ???
I sure hope so and thank you for your truly amazing dedication.

 
At 12:00 PM, October 28, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ...
you've never been so right Cranky, it is all about hair !!!

Since the Shampoo Boy has abandoned the mobile Hair Salon Abby's hair a real mess!

 
At 12:34 PM, November 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know what did you think about last episode...!!!
Will miss you for ever!

 
At 6:14 PM, November 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Moretti telling Abby that he's replacing her husband - Yeah, in your dreams, Tooch ... Bitch ..."

Well, Cranky... I guess dreams come true. Can't wait to hear your 2 cents! Or five cents, whatever we can get :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home